Sushi Chefs (NOC 6321)
A Sushi Chef at Mr. Sushi is responsible for creating beautifully crafted and delicious sushi dishes. Our Sushi Chef’s expertise in sushi preparation, attention to detail, and dedication to the best techniques are instrumental in upholding Mr. Sushi’s reputation for outstanding quality.
Expectations and Responsibilities:
As a customer of Mr. Sushi, you can expect our Sushi Chef to:
- Oversee Sushi Preparation: Oversee all aspects of food preparation from the sushi bar, from ingredient selection and portioning to cooking techniques and plating presentations.
- Adhere to Recipes: Follow established recipes and portion sizes while adding your creativity and culinary skills to enhance flavors and presentation.
- Create New Recipes: Collaborate with the restaurant management to develop new sushi menu items that showcase seasonal ingredients and creative presentations.
- Select Best Ingredients: Source and select the freshest seafood and ingredients and ensure proper handling and storage.
- Oversee Quality Control: Work closely with the Manager and maintain the highest standards of quality, flavor, and presentation for all sushi items, ensuring consistency with the restaurant’s vision.
- Provide Leadership at Sushi Bar/Kitchen: Lead and inspire the sushi bar and kitchen team, ensuring a positive and efficient work environment.
- Ensure Customer Satisfaction: Foster a culture of exceptional customer service, address customer inquiries and concerns, and consistently strive to exceed customer expectations.
- Provide Staff Training: Train and develop sushi bar team members, providing ongoing coaching and guidance to enhance their performance and skills.
- Assist Staff Scheduling: Assist in creating staff schedules, managing breaks, and ensuring adequate staffing levels to meet customer demand.
- Assist Operations Management: Work closely with the Manager to assist with daily restaurant operations, including reservations, seating, food preparation, service, and customer interactions, to ensure smooth and efficient service.
- Manage Inventory and Cost Control: Work closely with the Manager and manage sushi bar inventory, control food costs, and minimize waste while maintaining high-quality standards.
- Solve Problems: Address day-to-day challenges and emergencies effectively, making decisions that prioritize customer satisfaction and operational efficiency.
- Ensure Compliance: Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations, as well as restaurant policies and procedures.
- Adhere to Safety: Follow strict adherence to safety and sanitation guidelines, including food safety regulations and safe handling of kitchen equipment.
We are currently not hiring for this position.